i Amy's Fan Club: Amy's Emails

Sunday, August 08, 2004, 5:37 pm

Amy's Emails

27/4/05
=======
Hi!

I have never blogged in my life but I somehow happed upon your website. I, too, have a preemie. Ballard came into the world almost 16 weeks early (1 day shy of 25 weeks). She was born April 20, 2004 weighing in at 1 lb., 11 oz.’s, and 13 inches long. We live in the US and I had her at an incredible hospital. She is amazing and is doing so well. I was looking at your pictures and wondering if your baby ever had CPAP (it helps them breathe, but is better on their lungs than a respirator!). Ballard came home after 76 days and is our miracle. She is over 18 pounds and we are thrilled. I just wanted to let you know that as you approach her first birthday, it gets easier. All of a sudden, they don’t look so alien like and you’re like, hey this is a real baby. Anyway, I found your blog touching and funny (humor is how we have dealt with our situation too!). I wish you all the best and want you to know that our prayers are with Amelia!

Mollie


01/04/05
========
Dear Anna & Olly

I have just logged on to the website (Mary Pearce gave me the address) and understand everything all of you have been through.

I met all 3 of you a few weeks ago in the parent’s room at Winchester SCBU. I have twin boys, Harry & Ben, born @ 26+6 wks weighing 1015g & 985g. Today is their 70th day in the unit. Meeting you and Amy gave me a real boost & hope that all would turn out okay as she is a beautiful perfect little girl.

I wish you all the very best for the future.

Regards, Carol


20/01/05
========
Hi Amy,
I have just been reading your mummy and daddys account of when you were born. It all sounds scary, but to have you at the end of it is the best part. You certainly have grown since those first few pictures. You must be a very determined young lady to be growing so well. We hope that you are fit and well at the moment and giving your mummy and daddy big cuddles. Hope to see you soon. Matthew gives you a big kiss. Love Shelley ( from the postnatal group)


6/12/04
=======


That reindeer picture has brightened up my entire month! What a fabulous picture!
Lots of Love
Carrie



1/12/04
=======
Hello Moppet-poppet,
As it is such a lovely day and the first day of December (have you opened the first door of your Advent calender?), I thought I`d drop you a line to say I hope you get a chance to bask in the sunshine this afternoon. I was reading in the newspaper last week that if you can do this, even if it is only by the window, that it will help you to sleep all through the night. Wouldn`t THAT make Mummy and Daddy happy?
Anyway, keep piling on the pounds/ounces. Once Mummy has a few gins at Christmas you`re bound to sleep like a (Christmas) log!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please give my love to Mummy and Daddy and big cuddles to you.
From Debsxxxxxxxxxx



29/11/04
========
Hi Amy, how you doing young lady?

Lovely to see you, all be it briefly last week - if you could open your eyes and say hello next time would be very appreciated! Im starting nights tonight so wont be able to make the christmas party on saturday but hope you have a wonderful time......don't be scared of the man in the red suit with the white beard (in a couple of years you'll be writting him long letters full of expensive ideas for christmas presents!)

Say hello to mummy and daddy for me

Love Juliette x





P.S. looking for some tips to bring Amy's 'awake time' to a more sensible hour.........i don't have any ideas just the phrase I was told ...welcome to parenthood !!! x


17/11/04
========
Amelia,
your old folks are obviously doing a great job, as you're looking really good- and very gingery! yeah!!!
lu


10/11/04
========
olly and anna!!!!!!!
you sweethearts, congratulations with the homecoming of your ginger beautiful little princess!. I am sorry for not having mailed or responded any sooner, but i honestly have been thinking about you! By the way, you got the pressies i ve heard from Si.Did he tell you the bowl and saucer were made by my sister and her friend? they sell them in kiddie shops.
nice ey?
Man, it sounds like a heavy job still at the moment, but i bet you wouldn't want it any other way!I hope she's growing like cabbage, this is a dutch expression literally translated, and i don't mean in the shape of one...hehehe.

I hope Si and i can come somewhere in the beginning in next year, although, it depends on moneysituation. can't look into that one as a freelancer, unfortunately.
Take care you two, keep up the good spirits!!!!! tata! love wietxx and a big kiss for little amy on her forehead.



27/10/04
========
Hello young Amelia,
welcome to your new home.a new bed;a new routine;a new everything.your Mummy and Daddy must be really pleased to get you to themselves at last.
my love to the three of you. grandad lolly

22/10/04
========
Dear Anna, Olly and Amelia,
Good luck in your new home!
lu x


15/10/04
========
Hi there Amelia,

Wow, you're doing astonishingly well still! What a great weight gain too!

Me and Mummy'd like to come and see you next Thurs/Fri, could you ask your Mummy and Daddy what time would be best and which day would be convenient?

Hope to see you soon.

Lots and lots of love

Izzy-Bee!xxxxxxx



11/10/04
========
Dear Ollie, Anna and Amelia.

It's Emma & Michael (Lucy's friends). We just wanted to congratulate you on the birth of your daughter and let you know that we are thinking of you all. We've been onto your website and really can't imagine what you went through. She's a beautiful little girl and a Leo (which I think is a brilliant sign to be!)

Take care of yourselves

Lots of Love

Emma and Michael
xxx


04/10/04
========
AMELIA !! 4 lbs !!!
That's the best news - even better than your Daddy being happy at a City loss and a dirty nappy. Well done sweetie.
lu x


01/10/04
========
Hello Principessa (finally got the spelling right)

What a lovely little girl you are - filling out nicely! What a super Mummy and Daddy too - doing all the right things. Ffelsh and Grousie are expecting to see you on Sunday 10th Oct in the afternoon, and you can tell us all about it.

Grousie-Grandad xxx


29/9/04
=======
Loved the high-five pose you were sporting yesterday! Well done on going to four-hourly feeds - more lunching and shopping time for mummy and me

See you soon

Love from Kate


Hi Amelia,
Uncle Tom, Carrie and our family (including Amanda, who has a Birthday today-same day as Mummy and Daddy`s anniversary!) have had a wonderful week in Ireland. We are reassured of the genetic closeness between yourself and your Uncle via the botty burps!!!!!!!!! It was a good thing we did not have to share their bathroom.
What terrific progress you have made in a week. We heard about your release from the bubble by text message..................welcome to our world. Your recent photos are fantastic. All the lads in Ireland wear hats like yours, what a fashion trail blazer you are!
Keep piling it on girl, you`ll be out of there in no time.
Carrie and Tom will be visiting you soon bringing love from Ireland and from me.
Love and hugs,
Debs. xxxxxx


24/9/04
=======
Dear Amy,

We have just caught up with your progress this week. Well done! Onwards and upwards from now on. We now have a mini-galary of piccys of you on our kitchen wall.Jimmy sends lots of love and A BIG KISS !!! Keep up the good work.

Love from the Burlings



Hello it's me again. Well what can I say....I think Amy is being put into grow bags when no one is looking as she is soooo much bigger than when I left her just a couple of weeks ago! Looking fantastic that's for sure.

Anna I was glad to see you looking so well to (Ollie if the rest of your family is anything to go by you must be fine!). As I said to you today I'm keeping up to date online but seeing Amy today was lovely

Keep up the good work all of you

Take care
Juliette x

P.s I got the job! Will be re-joining the unit after a while on the children's ward upstairs..........funny I come out in a rash when I think bout working for a living - maybe I'm allergic!!


20/9/04
=======
Hi Amelia!

Sooo glad to see you're doing so well, you're a true little duracell bunny and there's no mistakin!!

You can now guff till your heart's content for all and sundry to appreciate like I do!! and then scream and you'll be heard much quicker too, fantastic!!

I think Mummy must be producing and giving you FULL FAT DEVONSHIRE cream!!
Hope to see you very soon.

LOL

Izzy-Bee.xxxxx



Dear Amelia, What an amazing and beautiful little gift you are. we're rooting for you - keep going and growing(hello Olly - Lulu sent me your news). Lots of love the Bakersxxx


Grousie-Grandad: Ripping out annoying tubes/'bodily comments' on the incubator - you tell 'em kid; I can see we're going to get along!


19/9/04
=======
PS I love the Blues teddy- what a great handknit!
lu x


Dear Amy

How pretty you are now! You seemed hungry when we saw you yesterday - just like your Dad; plenty of milk from Mummy apparently but, in case you run short, those Nurses have had some chocky biscuits; if you hurry - you might get a nibble.

You seem to have more clothes than I; I'll be seeing my Mummy on Wednesday (and showing her your latest pictures) - perhaps she'll buy me a new shirt for my birthday (she was 90 this year and still likes to 'kit me out' occasionally).

Love from Grandad-Grousie (and Grandma-Ffelshie) xx



Hello sweetie,
I'm back from hols. Hope to see you very soon, fantastic news on your feeding and weight.
love from lu x



hi Amy

What a beautiful little girl you are and such a little fighter. Good to see you progressing well.

Love Natalie
From sunny (!) Bexleyheath, Kent, England, United Kingdom


6/9/04
======
Prayers from Rochester New York
Hi Amy,

It's a pleasure to meet you!! What a pretty little girl you are!! Found your site this evening and will following your progress.. and what amazing progress you are making!

Prayer's sent your way little girl...

Mz.. Rochester, NY USA


Well little Miss Amelia it's been a privilege to be involved with your care the past month - you have been a delight. You seem to have done well in the 'Mum and Dad' stakes aswell!.....you're a very lucky girl. Although I won't be seeing you everyday I will keep up to date with you on your web site.

All the very best to you and your Mum and Dad.......Anna keep up the excellant taste in clothes, Ollie - I know where to come for camera advice!

Take care all of you
Juliette
One of 'Amy's Angels', Juliette has been working in the unit and caring for Amy for the last month and has now moved on to pastures new. Eternal thanks from Anna, Amy and me for all your help Juliette. Hopefully we'll see you back in SCBU soon on a permanent basis.


Go Amy Go!!!
Amy,

My name is Angela (in Atlanta, GA) and I found your bloggie thru Blogarama's "Newest Sites" link. I just finished reading all the great posts your dad put up and I just wanted to let you know that you have a fan here in the Deep South; I am pulling for you, sweetheart...keep up the good work and make your mum and dad proud! (And a belated "Happy Birthday" to mum, too!)

My niece, Elizabeth Blythe, was born Aug. 8th, 2003 and she did some time in the NICU, too...a little less than a month ago we celebrated her first birthday and all is well! Tell you daddy to post us some pics this time next year so we can see how big and gorgeous you're sure to be!

My love and prayers to you, Anna, and Olly...

Angela


Hi Amelia,

Glad to see you're doing so well and love the photo's, you're changing all the time...!

We were wondering if you can ask Mummy and Daddy for us what the rules and regulations are for your visitors? We would like to come and see you sometime, but don't know if other babies are allowed in etc etc... Could you check it out for us - cheers!

We'll be following your progress in the meanwhile still.

Loadsa love.

Izzy and Kellie.xx


2/9/04
======
Dear Amy,
Last night was a first for me. I have never met such a tiny, perfect, pretty person as you before. You made my heart sing.
When you go home, if it`s OK with Mummy and Daddy, maybe we could have a hug????????
Keep up with the growing and gaining weight, you clever girl!
Lots of love from,
Debs.xxxxxxx



31/8/04
=======
Hi Ollie, Anna and Amy

Keith and Lou here -Kate has just texted me the info for your website and what a beautiful baby you have - congratfulations. We were a little suprised to hear of her sudden arrival and all of your struggles but delighted to hear how wonderfully well she is getting on and to be able to see her for ourselves was great - reading through your updates was interesting and entertaining and we all send our love cuddles and best wishes for continued progress - never again will I moan about the "noisy bloody kids" (shouldn't make promises I can't keep !!) anyway take care and love to you all


27/8/04
=======
Amy,well done on gaining weight- and you look so alert, I bet you're looking for more naughty things to do! Keep it up,
lots of love,lucy x


26/8/04
=======
Hello Princess - it was wonderful see, touch and hear you yesterday - it was lovely for Sue and I, but I expect it was awfully boring for you; you were yawning such a lot! (And why not? - I do the same myself)

We'll see you again on Sunday afternoon, the 19th September, assuming we decide not to stay in Italy again (one day . . . one day . . ). Sweet dreams. Special love to you and your Mum and Dad. xxx (x2)

Grousie

23/8/04
=======
Anonymous Visitor:

amy will be in my prayers.
she is a very beauful baby.
God bless


22/8/04
=======
Hello Darling Amy

Sue and I are coming all the way from Cheadle in Cheshire especially to see you on Wednesday afternoon (Thomas-the-Tank permitting). The Wendy-House is getting more attention than ours at the moment. See you soon.

(Grousie)



Hi Amelia

Just a quick note to say how pretty you look today... where's your milk tube gone? I bet you made such a fuss that they gave in and took it out! You're already learning that if you make enough fuss, you'll get your own way eventually! There's a good girl!

It was great to see you yesterday; Uncle Tom and I are absolutely smitten! Keep growing poppet, you're doing a great job.

With all my love,
Carrie
xx



20/8/04
=======
Two weeks old!
love from Lucy x


Dear Amelia,

We just wante to say "Welcome to the World little one"!

My what a perfect little button you are, soooo dinky and cute!!

We've been following your progress when Izzy allows Mummy to snatch a milli second in between the demands of this strange 'liquid' world!! and are really chuffed with the amazing progress you're making, what a little battler you are!

Ta ta for now, love to Mummy and Daddy and be in touch again soon.

All our Love and kisses

Kellie & Isobella.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



hello amy i cannot wait to see you and show you how to catch frogs x x x matthew big hugs and sloppy kisses for amy love ollie xx lots of love from us all the sibberts xxxxxxxxxxxxx



19/8/04
=======
Hello Amelia

My name is Amanda. You don't know me, but I have been watching your Website every day. I am Carrie's auntie and have been following your story ever since you were a "peanut" . Already in your few days of being here, you have brought immeasurable happiness to lots of people, especially to Carrie, who told me the other day "isn't it lovely having a niece!". I can vouch for that and I am sure you will give her as much happiness and love as she has given me.

You sound like a real tough cookie - keep drinking your milk and keep piling on that weight!

Hope mummy and daddy had a lovely time at Mrs Miggins Pie Shop for mummy's birthday - next year you can go too!

I'll finish here but would love to write again, if that's OK, and I will keep watching your story on your website - big smile for the camera!

Lots of love from Amanda in Cornwall.


Hi Amy,its good to see you looking so well today.don't worry too much about your heart murmer.I have one as well.and I am 35.
as I told mummy today you are always in my prayers, bye for now,all my love, Grandad, XXX

perhaps i'm not 35-am sure its the right numbers though.


18/8/04
=======
Hello little you, Amy,
When you were still in Mummy`s tummy, Tom and Carrie used to call you "Pink Peanut"! You have grown so much since then and you are doing SO well. Keep up the good work, you clever girl.
Lots of love from
Deb and Robxxxxxxx
(Carrie`s parents)


Hello, Amy

Grousie here - you are said to have a look of me on one of your photos; let's hope you have fewer troubles than that!

Love

Grousie xxx

    Hi sweetie,
    hope you're being a good girl and drinking all your milk.Have you been under the sun-lamp?-your hair looks fairer in the recent paparazzi shots.
    Lucy
    x
    ps love to mummy and daddy

    Site Meter

    Incredibly Amy's Fan Club has been viewed by visitors from the following 77 countries:

    Andorra NEW!
    Australia
    Argentina
    Belgium
    Brazil
    Brunei Darussalam
    Burkina Faso
    Canada
    Chile
    China
    Colombia
    Costa Rica NEW!
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Dominican Republic
    Egypt
    Ethiopia
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Guatemala
    Hong Kong
    Hungary
    India
    Indonesia
    Iran
    Ireland
    Israel
    Italy
    Japan
    Jordan
    Kenya
    Korea
    Kuwait
    Lithuania
    Luxembourg
    Macao
    Madagascar
    Malaysia
    Malta NEW!
    Mauritius
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Nigeria
    Norway
    Oman
    Pakistan
    Papua New Guinea NEW
    Peru
    Philippines
    Poland
    Portugal
    Qatar
    Romania
    Russian Federation
    Saudi Arabia
    Serbia and Montenegro
    Singapore
    Slovakia
    South Africa
    Spain
    Sri Lanka
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Syria
    Taiwan
    Thailand
    Togo
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Tunisia
    Turkey
    United Arab Emirates
    United Kingdom
    United States
    Venezuela
    Vietnam NEW!

    Welcome to all of you and thanks for your support.